Legs for Days (Cardio Ballet Challenge)
It’s almost Friday. I haven’t shared a workout video in a while so I thought it was about time to post another one. Like most of the workouts I share with you all, this one comes from Cassey Ho from Blogilates. I love both her positivity and creativity. She makes all of her videos so much fun and they definitely work you hard! This one is “Legs for Days Cardio Ballet Challenge”. Try it out and let me know what you think!
For those of you who haven’t yet, I would really appreciate it if you could like my blog page on Facebook. I always post when new recipes are coming so you know when to be on the lookout. I would also appreciate any feedback or suggestions you have to share with me. Thanks for the support my dear followers 🙂
- 1 package of 20 oz. cut butternut squash
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut squash into bite size pieces.
3. Core, peel, and slice apples.
4. Place squash and apples in a baking dish.
5. Mix the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the squash and applies.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes (or until top is brown)
This makes for a great on the go breakfast, or even post workout drink with over 11g of protein!
Serving Size: 1
- 1 banana
- 1 cup of sliced pineapple
- 1 small honey chobani yogurt (peach or plain work well too)
- 3-4 ice cubes
Blend together and you are good to go!!
This guilt free flourless pizza is AMAZING! My friends were skeptical, but ended up loving it and wanting more. What is the secret? Check out the recipe below to find out!
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce (amount up to you)
- Any toppings you wish! (I used mushrooms, cheese, and green pepper)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place your cauliflower into a food processor or blender & blend until the cauliflower is shredded into small pieces (it is okay if there are a few big chunks).
3. Pour your cauliflower base into a big microwavable bowl & microwave for 8 minutes.
4. Mix in an egg and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese into the cauliflower. Once these ingredients are mixed together, mash with a fork until you arrive at a smooth texture.
5. Spray your pizza pan with non-stick spray and lay the cauliflower base onto the pan. Shape into a circle using your hands or a fork.
6. Place your “dough” into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove your “dough” and add your pizza sauce and chopped ingredients.
8. Place the pizza back into the oven for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
*This recipes was inspired by Cassey on blogilates.com. Check out her website for other great healthy recipes, workouts, & more!*
Happy Friday everyone! As you all know, for Live, Laugh, Cooking this means it is time for “Friends Feeding Friends”. Today’s festive recipe comes from Ada of “New Sweets on the Blog” Please be sure to check out her wonderful blog & beautiful treats here! Thank you so much Ada for sharing these delightful cookies with us!
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Steps for cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Roll dough out on a generously floured surface (to about a 1/4″ thickness).
- Using cookie cutters cut out into desired shapes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden brown.
Ingredients for the icing:
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon oil-free flavoring (optional)
- assorted food coloring colors (optional)
- edible decorator balls, sprinkles, or other (optional)
- In a bowl, stir together the egg white, lemon juice, cream of tartar, and the flavoring.
- Beat in confectioners sugar until smooth and glossy. If the icing is too think, add some drops of water.
- Divide the icing into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to the preferred color intensity. Pant the icing onto the cookies or pipe with decorator icing tubes and tips.
- Top with candy decorator balls, holiday sprinkles, or any other festive design. Enjoy!
HAPPY COOKING, HAPPY FRIDAY, & HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
*If you would like to participate in Live, Laugh, Cooking’s Friday segment of “Friends Feeding Friends”, comment below or message our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/livelaughcooking – I would simply need a picture, ingredients, and steps. If you have a cooking blog, I will be sure to provide a link to your blog that people may refer to.*
- 12 small slices of green/yellow squash (I bough presliced- but 1 medium squash would be enough)
- 3 cups of bow-tie pasta
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of green peppers
- 1/3 cup of olives
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz of sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the cupcake tin with cooking spray. Outline each section of the cupcake tin with bow-ties forming a cupcake shape (see picture a below)
- Slice squash into small circles (medium thickness) & place one piece on top of each “cupcake” (in the middle- see picture b below)
- Chop up ingredients of your choice. I chose mushrooms, green pepper, and olives and placed them on the squash.
- Pour your sauce over each “cupcake” and then top of with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Happy cooking! If you have any requests, please comment below or message the LLC Facebook page. Like the page to receive updates when new recipes have been posted! Thanks for your support! xo LLC xo