“People who love to eat are always the best people” – Julia Child
Serving Size: 5 pieces
3 mini eggplants (or about 2 medium, or 1 large)
1 tsp of olive oil (or butter- spray butter works also)
pinch of salt & pinch of pepper (optional)
1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
2 tbsp of parmesan cheese
1 egg OR 3 tbsp of eggwhite liquid
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Spray your baking sheet (will need 2 depending how many you are making… or make them in shifts)
3. Cut & throw out the ends of your eggplant.
4. Cut remaining eggplant into medium size strips (easiest way is cutting it in half, and then those pieces in half again, until arriving at the desired size- see picture for an idea)
5. Mix the breadcrumbs and cheese in one bowl, and your egg or egg white in another bowl.
6. Dip the eggplant slices into the egg, then into the breadcrumb/cheese mixture, then place onto the baking sheet.
7. Cook for about 8-10 minutes (or until lightly brown) then FLIP and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
These make a great snack. Or even a side dish for your dinner! Serve with marinara sauce for dipping.