“Life’s a box of chocolates, Forrest. You never know what you’re gonna get.” – Forrest Gump
Last week, the other TAs came over for a meeting. We had to grade our students’ exams, but we couldn’t forget about food! We made the night pass quickly by ordering Thai food and playing some music. I wanted to make some treats for them and these cookies were the result. They LOVED them and my friend Amber (see below) decided to name them “Forest Gump Cookies”. Beware that you will not be able to only eat one. Enjoy!
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees & spray baking sheet with baking spray
- Combine the peanut butter, sugar, egg, and cinnamon in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Drop small spoonfuls of dough onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. (Watch carefully while baking because these cookies burn easily on the bottom and are served best when soft)
*Please note that this recipe was adapted from allrecipes.com*