I am excited to share that Live, Laugh, Cooking has been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award! Based on it’s motto “To inspire and to be inspired,” the Liebster Award is nominated to new bloggers who have less than 200 followers. FoodandEverythingElse has nominated me & I could not be more grateful! Please be sure to check our her fabulous blog. http://foodandeverythingelse.me/2013/11/12/liebster-award/
Certain rules go along with this nomination & I am happy to participate:
- Nominees must link back the person who nominated them.
- Nominee must answer the 10 questions that are given by the nominator.
- Nominee must nominate 10 other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for the new nominees to answer.
- Visit the nominees blog & notify them about the nomination.
It is as simple as that so let’s go!
Here are my answers to FoodandEverythingElse’s questions:
1) What do you enjoy most about blogging?
The connection to others who share my interest. I love reading the feedback other bloggers leave on my recipe posts and trying to grow from their suggestions. I also love learning through their blogs and exploring with recipes I am not familiar with.
2) What is your favorite food to cook and why?
My favorite food to cook is rolled grape leaves because they are my grandmother’s recipe and I absolutely love cooking with her. I have never tried making them on my own, but I am sure it would not be the same. She is a riot when she cooks and it is hard to keep up with her because she is one of those pros who does not measure a thing!
3) What is your favorite subject to blog about?
Food. Food. and Food. I love improvising recipes, trying new ones others post, and sharing old favorites. I don’t think my taste tester friends mind either!
4) What is your favorite Thanksgiving dish that you cook?
I am usually the one bringing along a dessert and I like to try a new recipe every year.
5) Tell us about your favorite place to shop and why?
If I was asked this question last year, I would have probably said Old Navy or some popular clothing store along those lines. But lately I have enjoyed shopping at consignment stores, Goodwill, and Salvation Army, and other second hand places like those. You can sometimes find affordable little treasures at these places that you would not see anywhere else. It is also fun to go to consignment stores and buy cheap old furniture, etc. and make them brand new again in your own creative way.
6) What do you like to do for fun?
FUN is a word that likes to run and hide in grad school. Between classes & being a TA, I have little time for myself, but of course force myself to take a break with my friends now and then so I can hold onto my sanity. Although we sometimes go to bars for a few drinks at the end of the week, I am the type of girl that loves to stay home, in sweatpants, comfy on the couch watching a movie with friends.
7) Are you obsessed with your blog? I’m asking because I feel obsessed and totally invested I want to know how other bloggers feel about their blogs.
Glad to know I am not the only one! Yes…. slightly… okay maybe a lot. Do I post and check on comments during my 3 hour grad classes? Yes. Do I procrastinate writing papers & reading by attempting new recipes? Yes. Do I constantly check my Facebook page to see if anyone else has liked it? Yes. Am I shamed? Absolutely not! So yes, I am obsessed… but PROUDLY obsessed. You are not alone FoodandEverythingElse !
8) What is your favorite gift to receive and why?
Honestly, nothing makes me happier than a gift card to Dunkin Donuts. I am a coffee addict and gift cards from loved ones that don’t mind aiding my addiction help the wallet out a bit 😉
9) What is your favorite gift to give and why?
I love giving personal gifts. I have been knowing to give picture albums, scrapbooks, frames, etc. But if you ask my 16 year old cousin (who I sometimes like to spoil) he loves when I splurge and buy him concert & comedian tickets.
10) Do you get mammograms; if you do not get them why? Do you perform self-examinations of your breast? Do you know the correct way to perform self-examinations of the breast? How to perform a self breast examination
I am 23 and have not yet although I do understand the importance of them. I have learned about self-examinations before & know that it should be taken seriously and shared with more women.
Questions for the next nominated bloggers:
- How long have you been blogging & why did you start?
- If you could trade lives with anyone (famous or not) for a day, who would it be and why?
- If you were told that today was your last day on earth, how would you spend it and who would you spend it with?
- If you were given a million dollars but told you had to give it all away to charity, which charity would you choose & why?
- What tips about blogging would you like to share with new bloggers?
- What are three things on your bucket list?
- Who in your life has been a tremendous source of inspiration for you?
- If you could travel back in time to any moment in your life that you have already lived and experienced, what day would that be & why?
- Whether in a bar or in your shower, what is your go to karaoke song?
- Name a talent you lack that you wish you possessed.
I nominate these blogs for the Liebster Award:
http://diaryofacurlygirl.com The Diary of a Curly Girl
http://boulderbakingqueen.com Boulder Baking Queen
http://simplymadekitchenandcrafts.com Simply Made Kitchen and Crafts
http://cakeykate.com Cakey Kate
http://chocolatechipcookiegirl.wordpress.com The Chocolate Chip Cookie Girl
http://pocketfulofmotherhood.wordpress.com Pocketful of Motherhood
http://pickybits.wordpress.com Picky Bits
http://misschriscreations.com Miss Chris Creations
http://58daydreams.com 58 Day Dreams
Have fun with this opportunity fellow bloggers!
Thank you again FoodandEverythingElse for my nomination! I truly appreciate it & am EXTREMELY grateful. If any of you would like to be part of my Friday segment “Friends Feeding Friends” please let me know. I would be honored to post and share any of your recipes. Take care & keep up the amazing blogging dears! ❤