It’s FRIDAY!!! That means it is time for Live, Laugh, Cooking’s 3rd “Friends Feeding Friends” post. This buffalo chicken quinoa recipe comes from Courtney who I graduated with last year. It sounds & looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it! Thank you bunches Courtney for sharing this awesome recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8-10 ounces) OR 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2-3 green onions chopped (whites and greens separated)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (Courtney recommends Frank’s hot sauce)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sal
- Optional toppings: blue cheese crumbles or shredded cheddar cheese
- Make quinoa: In a medium sauce pan, put rinsed quinoa and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and then fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Poach chicken: While the quinoa is cooking, place chicken in medium pot, and add enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let chicken stand, covered until cooked through (about 12 to 14 minutes). Remove chicken from liquid and shred with 2 forks.
- While quinoa and chicken are cooking, sauté the vegetables. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Add broccoli, carrots and the whites of green onions, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until desired crisp-tenderness. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: Whisk together hot sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and salt.
- Pour 1/4 cup sauce over shredded chicken, tossing to coat. To a large bowl, add quinoa, chicken and vegetables, tossing to combine (You can add remaining sauce with this step OR drizzle as desired over each individual serving).
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped green onion and serve.
If you try this recipe, please be sure to comment below to let Courtney know what you think!
HAPPY COOKING & HAPPY FRIDAY!
*If you would like to participate in Live, Laugh, Cooking’s Friday segment of “Friends Feeding Friends”, comment below or message our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/livelaughcooking – I would simply need a picture, ingredients, and steps. If you have a cooking blog, I will be sure to provide a link to your blog that people may refer to.*