“What I say is that, if a man really likes potatoes, he must be a pretty decent sort of fellow.” – A.A. Milne
One of my favorite types of food is potatoes. And of course, I don’t discriminate between the different forms of potatoes. Chips, french fries, mashed, baked… I love it all. I even gave up potatoes for Lent one year. Not joking. So I was really excited when I discovered this VERY simple recipe for crockpot baked potatoes.
- 4 medium russet potatoes (If you have a large crockpot, you can probably make more at once)
- Any toppings you wish to use (I chose butter, sour cream, broccoli, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese)
- Aluminum foil
- Wash and dry potatoes.
- Prick the top of the potatoes with a fork & wrap in aluminum foil.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4.
- When done, allow them to cool for a few minutes before removing them from the crockpot because the aluminum foil will be EXTREMELY hot.
- When you are able to remove them, take off the aluminum foil. Cut the top with a knife. Slightly squeeze the 2 sides of the potato. If the potatoes are a little yellowish, don’t worry. This usually happens when they are made in the crockpot.
- Add toppings of your choice & enjoy!
Be sure to check out & like Live, Laugh, Cooking’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/livelaughcooking
You will receive updates when new recipes are posted & you can leave comments and messages with feedback and suggestions!