Happy Friday everyone! As you all know, for Live, Laugh, Cooking this means it is time for “Friends Feeding Friends”. Today’s festive recipe comes from Ada of “New Sweets on the Blog” Please be sure to check out her wonderful blog & beautiful treats here! Thank you so much Ada for sharing these delightful cookies with us!
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Steps for cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Roll dough out on a generously floured surface (to about a 1/4″ thickness).
- Using cookie cutters cut out into desired shapes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden brown.
Ingredients for the icing:
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon oil-free flavoring (optional)
- assorted food coloring colors (optional)
- edible decorator balls, sprinkles, or other (optional)
- In a bowl, stir together the egg white, lemon juice, cream of tartar, and the flavoring.
- Beat in confectioners sugar until smooth and glossy. If the icing is too think, add some drops of water.
- Divide the icing into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to the preferred color intensity. Pant the icing onto the cookies or pipe with decorator icing tubes and tips.
- Top with candy decorator balls, holiday sprinkles, or any other festive design. Enjoy!
HAPPY COOKING, HAPPY FRIDAY, & HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
*If you would like to participate in Live, Laugh, Cooking’s Friday segment of “Friends Feeding Friends”, comment below or message our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/livelaughcooking – I would simply need a picture, ingredients, and steps. If you have a cooking blog, I will be sure to provide a link to your blog that people may refer to.*