“One of the very nicest things about life is the way we must regularly stop whatever it is we are doing and devote our attention to eating.” – Luciano Pavarotti
- 4 boneless pieces chicken (I used Purdue boneless chicken breast tenderloins)
- 1/2 cup of Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup of balsamic vinaigrette dressing
- 2 tbsp of grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 small tomato
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees & either spray a baking sheet or line with aluminum foil.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Put the breadcrumbs and grated cheese into a small bowl and mix together. Pour the dressing into a SEPARATE small bowl.
- Dip chicken into the dressing and then into the breadcrumb/grated cheese mixture. Coat well with the mixture and then place onto baking sheet. Do this for each piece of chicken. (Please note, for more flavor you should allow the chicken to marinate in the dressing overnight. Simply place the chicken in a freezer bag with the dressing and leave in the refrigerator.)
- Place in oven for 20 minutes (Please allow to cook longer if you did not use tenderloins, but chose larger pieces of chicken instead).
- While the chicken is cooking, rinse your tomato and slice. Be sure you have one slice for each piece of chicken. A small tomato should give you about 4 medium size slices.
- Remove chicken from oven. Top each piece of chicken off with a pinch of mozzarella cheese and then lay the slice of tomato on top of the cheese.
- Place the chicken (with toppings) back in the oven and allow to cook for another 5-8 minutes.
Serve with a veggie of choice & Live, Laugh, Cooking’s crockpot baked potato or mashed cauliflower for a complete & delicious meal!
Crockpot Baked Potato:
Be sure to visit and like Live, Laugh, Cooking’s Facebook page for recipe updates!