This guilt free flourless pizza is AMAZING! My friends were skeptical, but ended up loving it and wanting more. What is the secret? Check out the recipe below to find out!
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce (amount up to you)
- Any toppings you wish! (I used mushrooms, cheese, and green pepper)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place your cauliflower into a food processor or blender & blend until the cauliflower is shredded into small pieces (it is okay if there are a few big chunks).
3. Pour your cauliflower base into a big microwavable bowl & microwave for 8 minutes.
4. Mix in an egg and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese into the cauliflower. Once these ingredients are mixed together, mash with a fork until you arrive at a smooth texture.
5. Spray your pizza pan with non-stick spray and lay the cauliflower base onto the pan. Shape into a circle using your hands or a fork.
6. Place your “dough” into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove your “dough” and add your pizza sauce and chopped ingredients.
8. Place the pizza back into the oven for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
*This recipes was inspired by Cassey on blogilates.com. Check out her website for other great healthy recipes, workouts, & more!*
“I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food. “- W.C. Fields
2 medium eggplants
24 oz. of sauce
1.5 cups of mushrooms
.5 cups of grated parmesan cheese
2/3 cups of italian breadcrumbs
1 egg white (about 3 tbsp liquid)
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
* I used a crockpot for this recipe… If you do not own or do not wish to use a crockpot, use a glass baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees *
1. Spray crockpot with cooking spray of your choice.
2. Peel eggplant. Cut into round slices (thickness- medium)
3. Beat your eggwhite and egg in a small bowl.
4. Mix your grated cheese and italian breadcrumbs in another small bowl.
5. Place your eggplant slices (one at a time) in the egg mixture, and then in the cheese/breadcrumb mixture. Line the bottom of the crockpot with as many coated eggplant slices that will fit.
6. Slice mushrooms and pour a third of them over the eggplants slices in the crockpot.
7. Pour a third of the sauce over the mushrooms.
8. Pour a third of the mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
9. Continue this process until all of the ingredients are in the crockpot (order- coated eggplant, mushrooms, sauce, mozzarella cheese)
10. Cook on low for an hour and on high for an hour and a half – 2 hours. (takes about 3 HOURS TOTAL)- If using an oven, bake for a half hour. In either case, the dish is complete when the top is slightly brown. Serve with pasta of your choice!