“I like rice. Rice is great if you’re hungry and want 200 of something.” – Mitch Hedberg
- 4 boneless chicken breast tenderloins
- 2 cups of white rice
- 1 frozen bag of vegetables (this one had carrots, broccoli, green beans, and water chestnuts)
- 1 cup of raspberry vinaigrette dressing
- For the best flavor, marinate the chicken in 3/4 cup of the dressing overnight.
- Fry the chicken in a pan until it is well cooked.
- For the rice, boil 2 cups of water. Place 2 cups of rice in the water, stir, remove from heat and let sit with the cover on.
- Pour the frozen vegetables into the pan over high heat until they start to thaw and warm up. Cut the chicken into small pieces and toss into the vegetables.
- Mix the veggies and chicken with the white rice and pour the remaining (1/4 cup) dressing over the stir fry.
“I workout so I can eat” – Bobby Flay
1 cup of strawberries
1 cup of blueberries
1 cup of raspberries
1.5 cups of brown sugar
1.5 cups of flour
1.5 cups of oatmeal
1 stick of butter
1 teaspoon of cinnamon
1/4 cup of confectionary sugar
*I used a crockpot to make this recipe, but you can also bake it in the oven- simply preheat your oven to 350 degrees and bake for 35-40 minutes*
1. Cut up your fruit and place into a small bowl. Pour the confectionary sugar and cinnamon over the fruit and mix until all of the fruit is nicely coated.
2. In a large bowl, mix your brown sugar, flour, and oatmeal.
3. In a small bowl (or blender) mash (or blend) the stick of butter until you have tiny chunks of butter. Pour into the brown sugar-flour-oatmeal mixture and stir together.
4. Spray or grease your crockpot. Pour HALF of the oatmeal mixture into the crockpot. Then pour your berry mixture over that, and then the 2nd half of your oatmeal mixture over the berries.
5. Sprinkle the top with crushed pecans and walnuts.
6. Bake on HIGH for 3 hours.
7. While it is baking, about every half hour use a wooden spoon to mix the “crumble” so the edges do not burn.
Serve with vanilla ice cream & enjoy!
*You can use whatever mix of fruits you would like! If you substitute the berries and bananas in this recipe with apples, you can create a delicious apple crisp.*