Apple Cinnamon Pecan Muffins
“If you’re afraid of butter, use cream!” – Julia Child
It’s that time of year again… my favorite season! Bring on the boots and scarves, watch the leaves change color, and embrace the FALL! For a food blogger, this obviously means lots of baking with apples. A couple weekends ago my friends and I headed up to Western Mass and enjoyed a nice day of apple picking.
As a result, I still had tons of apples leftover. I checked the cupboards and searched through my ingredients to see what types of goodies I could bake for my friends. The result…. a house filled with delicious fall scents and bellies filled with delicious apple cinnamon pecan muffins.
Servings: 6 muffins
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/8 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 large apple sliced and chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Peel and chop your apples into small pieces.
3. Beat the egg, melt the butter, and mix them with the other ingredients (including the apples) in a large bowl.
4. Pour the batter into the cupcake tin filling each slot about 2/3rds full.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Happy baking & Happy fall!!!