- 1 package of 20 oz. cut butternut squash
- 2 apples
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut squash into bite size pieces.
3. Core, peel, and slice apples.
4. Place squash and apples in a baking dish.
5. Mix the remaining ingredients and sprinkle over the squash and applies.
6. Bake for 45-50 minutes (or until top is brown)
This guilt free flourless pizza is AMAZING! My friends were skeptical, but ended up loving it and wanting more. What is the secret? Check out the recipe below to find out!
- 1 bag of frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 egg
- 1.5 cups of mozzarella cheese
- Pizza sauce (amount up to you)
- Any toppings you wish! (I used mushrooms, cheese, and green pepper)
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
2. Place your cauliflower into a food processor or blender & blend until the cauliflower is shredded into small pieces (it is okay if there are a few big chunks).
3. Pour your cauliflower base into a big microwavable bowl & microwave for 8 minutes.
4. Mix in an egg and 1 cup of mozzarella cheese into the cauliflower. Once these ingredients are mixed together, mash with a fork until you arrive at a smooth texture.
5. Spray your pizza pan with non-stick spray and lay the cauliflower base onto the pan. Shape into a circle using your hands or a fork.
6. Place your “dough” into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
7. Remove your “dough” and add your pizza sauce and chopped ingredients.
8. Place the pizza back into the oven for another 10 minutes. Enjoy!
*This recipes was inspired by Cassey on blogilates.com. Check out her website for other great healthy recipes, workouts, & more!*
Happy Halloween everyone! Thanks for following my blog. There will be a new recipe posted tomorrow in order to kick off my new Friday segment called “Friends Feeding Friends”. I hope you all check it out tomorrow. Please comment below if you would like to be a part of this segment in the future. I would just need a picture, the ingredients, and steps and would link people over to your blog 🙂 Happy Halloween everyone! Have a spooktacular day!
Thanks for the support on my new blog everyone! I would really appreciate any feedback you have and follows if you enjoy my posts. Happy cooking!
“Cauliflower is nothing but cabbage with a college education” – Mark Twain
Hardest part of trying to be healthy is avoiding my beloved potato products. Most of all… mashed potato! I searched the ingredients in my house to see what I could make as a substitution… and this lovely mashed cauliflower recipe was the result. It is DELICIOUS & I hope you all enjoy it. Let me know below! 🙂
4 cups of cauliflower florets (frozen)
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp of butter
1/4 cup of milk
1/3 cup of water
1 tbsp of grated parm cheese
1. Boil cauliflower with 1/3 cups of water for 13 minutes
2. Mashed the cloves and garlic and mix with the other ingredients.
3. When the cauliflower is done boiling, mix in with the other ingredients.
4. Either mash by hand or mix in a food processor until you arrive at the desired smooth texture you want.
5. Top off with a little grated cheese!
“I cook with wine. Sometimes I even add it to the food. “- W.C. Fields
2 medium eggplants
24 oz. of sauce
1.5 cups of mushrooms
.5 cups of grated parmesan cheese
2/3 cups of italian breadcrumbs
1 egg white (about 3 tbsp liquid)
1 cup of mozzarella cheese
* I used a crockpot for this recipe… If you do not own or do not wish to use a crockpot, use a glass baking dish and preheat oven to 350 degrees *
1. Spray crockpot with cooking spray of your choice.
2. Peel eggplant. Cut into round slices (thickness- medium)
3. Beat your eggwhite and egg in a small bowl.
4. Mix your grated cheese and italian breadcrumbs in another small bowl.
5. Place your eggplant slices (one at a time) in the egg mixture, and then in the cheese/breadcrumb mixture. Line the bottom of the crockpot with as many coated eggplant slices that will fit.
6. Slice mushrooms and pour a third of them over the eggplants slices in the crockpot.
7. Pour a third of the sauce over the mushrooms.
8. Pour a third of the mozzarella cheese over the sauce.
9. Continue this process until all of the ingredients are in the crockpot (order- coated eggplant, mushrooms, sauce, mozzarella cheese)
10. Cook on low for an hour and on high for an hour and a half – 2 hours. (takes about 3 HOURS TOTAL)- If using an oven, bake for a half hour. In either case, the dish is complete when the top is slightly brown. Serve with pasta of your choice!
“The secret of success in life is to eat what you like and let the food fight it out inside” – Mark Twain
Serving Size: 1
2 egg whites
1/4 cup baby spinach (chopped)
1/2 cup oven roasted turkey (I used Purdue short cuts)
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Beat egg and liquid egg whites. Spray pan and cook eggs on medium.
2. Chop tomato, spinach, and turkey into small pieces.
3. Once the egg is cooked the way you like it, flip over.
4. While the other side is cooking, sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on one side. When the cheese is melted, add the tomatoes, spinach, and turkey over the cheese.
5. Fold over the other half of the egg in order to create the omelette.
6. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
Serve with your choice of fruit & get your morning started the right way!