- 12 small slices of green/yellow squash (I bough presliced- but 1 medium squash would be enough)
- 3 cups of bow-tie pasta
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of green peppers
- 1/3 cup of olives
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz of sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the cupcake tin with cooking spray. Outline each section of the cupcake tin with bow-ties forming a cupcake shape (see picture a below)
- Slice squash into small circles (medium thickness) & place one piece on top of each “cupcake” (in the middle- see picture b below)
- Chop up ingredients of your choice. I chose mushrooms, green pepper, and olives and placed them on the squash.
- Pour your sauce over each “cupcake” and then top of with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Happy cooking! If you have any requests, please comment below or message the LLC Facebook page. Like the page to receive updates when new recipes have been posted! Thanks for your support! xo LLC xo
It’s FRIDAY!!! That means it is time for Live, Laugh, Cooking’s 3rd “Friends Feeding Friends” post. This buffalo chicken quinoa recipe comes from Courtney who I graduated with last year. It sounds & looks amazing and I can’t wait to try it! Thank you bunches Courtney for sharing this awesome recipe.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 8-10 ounces) OR 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 2-3 green onions chopped (whites and greens separated)
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 cup hot sauce (Courtney recommends Frank’s hot sauce)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1/4 tsp sal
- Optional toppings: blue cheese crumbles or shredded cheddar cheese
- Make quinoa: In a medium sauce pan, put rinsed quinoa and vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to a simmer for 15 to 20 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes and then fluff quinoa with a fork.
- Poach chicken: While the quinoa is cooking, place chicken in medium pot, and add enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Remove pan from heat and let chicken stand, covered until cooked through (about 12 to 14 minutes). Remove chicken from liquid and shred with 2 forks.
- While quinoa and chicken are cooking, sauté the vegetables. Spray a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium high heat. Add broccoli, carrots and the whites of green onions, and sauté for 5 minutes, or until desired crisp-tenderness. Set aside.
- Make the sauce: Whisk together hot sauce, oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder and salt.
- Pour 1/4 cup sauce over shredded chicken, tossing to coat. To a large bowl, add quinoa, chicken and vegetables, tossing to combine (You can add remaining sauce with this step OR drizzle as desired over each individual serving).
- Sprinkle with remaining chopped green onion and serve.
If you try this recipe, please be sure to comment below to let Courtney know what you think!
HAPPY COOKING & HAPPY FRIDAY!
*If you would like to participate in Live, Laugh, Cooking’s Friday segment of “Friends Feeding Friends”, comment below or message our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/livelaughcooking – I would simply need a picture, ingredients, and steps. If you have a cooking blog, I will be sure to provide a link to your blog that people may refer to.*