Happy Friday everyone! As you all know, for Live, Laugh, Cooking this means it is time for “Friends Feeding Friends”. Today’s festive recipe comes from Ada of “New Sweets on the Blog” Please be sure to check out her wonderful blog & beautiful treats here! Thank you so much Ada for sharing these delightful cookies with us!
Ingredients for the cookies:
- 4 cups flour
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Steps for cookies:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Beat all the ingredients together until smooth.
- Roll dough out on a generously floured surface (to about a 1/4″ thickness).
- Using cookie cutters cut out into desired shapes.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are lightly golden brown.
Ingredients for the icing:
- 1 egg white
- 3-4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon oil-free flavoring (optional)
- assorted food coloring colors (optional)
- edible decorator balls, sprinkles, or other (optional)
- In a bowl, stir together the egg white, lemon juice, cream of tartar, and the flavoring.
- Beat in confectioners sugar until smooth and glossy. If the icing is too think, add some drops of water.
- Divide the icing into separate bowls, and add food colorings to each to the preferred color intensity. Pant the icing onto the cookies or pipe with decorator icing tubes and tips.
- Top with candy decorator balls, holiday sprinkles, or any other festive design. Enjoy!
HAPPY COOKING, HAPPY FRIDAY, & HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!
*If you would like to participate in Live, Laugh, Cooking’s Friday segment of “Friends Feeding Friends”, comment below or message our Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/livelaughcooking – I would simply need a picture, ingredients, and steps. If you have a cooking blog, I will be sure to provide a link to your blog that people may refer to.*
- 12 small slices of green/yellow squash (I bough presliced- but 1 medium squash would be enough)
- 3 cups of bow-tie pasta
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 1/3 cup of green peppers
- 1/3 cup of olives
- 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 12 oz of sauce
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray the cupcake tin with cooking spray. Outline each section of the cupcake tin with bow-ties forming a cupcake shape (see picture a below)
- Slice squash into small circles (medium thickness) & place one piece on top of each “cupcake” (in the middle- see picture b below)
- Chop up ingredients of your choice. I chose mushrooms, green pepper, and olives and placed them on the squash.
- Pour your sauce over each “cupcake” and then top of with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes and enjoy!
Happy cooking! If you have any requests, please comment below or message the LLC Facebook page. Like the page to receive updates when new recipes have been posted! Thanks for your support! xo LLC xo
“All I want…. is mac and cheese.” – Kurt Cobain
Sweet rainy Sunday! Time to relax & cuddle up on the couch with a blanket, cup of coffee, and good book. Let the smells of homemade mac and cheese fill your house as the crockpot does it’s magic.
- 16 oz. of uncooked macaroni (I used shells)
- 5 tbsp of butter (softened/slightly melted)
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of almond milk (or you can do 2 cups of one of the other)
- (This is a “lighter” version of mac and cheese. If you wish, you can add 3/4 cup of sour cream and 1 can of condensed cheddar cheese soup)
1. Spray medium size crockpot with cooking spray.
2. Combine all ingredients in the crockpot and stir.
3. Cook on high for 3 hours or until macaroni is tender.
4. Stir well and if desired, sprinkle more cheese on top before serving.
Happy cooking & happy Sunday my wonderful followers! I hope you all have a lovely week. I have lots of great recipes & workouts coming your way 🙂 Be sure to like the LLC Facebook Page so you don’t miss out on anything! If you have any requests, comment below. xo LLC xo